Our Life

Our Life

Monday, May 10, 2010

Way better day....

Lots of stuff happened today. My Mom brought Gio up to the hospital for me to take him to his Drs appt. He has an ear infection. My Mom has been sick for a couple of weeks but now she is coughing up the gross stuff....so I sent her home against her will. I came home today to let Gio nap in his bed and to take a shower. There is a package waiting for me. I didn't even look to see who it was from. So I tear it open and just lose it. It was a canvas of my favorite picture of Franco and Gio. When I had Gio my neighbor told me of a photographer looking for newborn models. So when I got out of the hospital I called her (Sandy Allen) and set up the shoot. Anyone that has been to my house knows how I LOVE pics of my boys. Gianfranco's pics are all throughout the house. Yesterday I broke down when I realized how little I've been able to spend with Gio because all that has been going on. He will soon be 5 months! I can't believe it. He ALWAYS greets everyone with a smile and a giggle. He is so amazing....just like his big bro. We couldn't be more blessed. Sandy knew I wanted that canvas but couldn't afford it......and yet she sent it to me for Mother's Day. I will forever treasure that picture. Funny story goes along with that picture. When we laid Gio on Franco's chest for the pic he tried to nurse. I remember Franco's exact words...."Ummmm, Mommy, Gio is sicking my chi chi's." We all laughed hysterically, yet Sandy captured a beautiful shot of our sons. I took the canvas up to the hospital to show everyone. One CA, was speechless.....she started crying.

This morning, Franco woke up looking better...still swollen, but a difference in him. We walked around the ward and when we came back his feet were doing some weird things....of course I was scared...so in the calmest voice I could muster I said, "Franco, what is wrong with your feet?" He said, "I'm dancing Mommy". Ahhhhh.....I was so relieved and knew right then I had my baby back. He was smiling today, talkative, and flashing his dimples to the nurses....oh yes....Franco is BACK! Muah!

FINALLY, an oncologist came to talk to us. Not happy that Gianfranco's endocronologist and oncologist have yet to come visit us. Hmm....I don't take it personal, but I expect my son's Dr's to have his best interest at heart and to be concerned. Brain biopsy's aren't an everyday procedure. OK- that felt good to vent that.


I'm so happy Franco is doing better. They may try to do his port tomorrow since he is already at the hospital. Will keep you updated. Oh yeah...FUNNY story.......

I walk into the room and Mario went to the waiting room with Gio because he can't go in ICU and next to Franco is his urine jug with pee in it. I thought it was weird but didn't say anything since the nurse was there. Any way....him and the nurse start talking about the pee and Franco said he wanted to drink it. I said, ewww...you don't want to drink that. And I'm looking at the nurse like....."ummm...this isn't good". (Keep in mind that people with DI go to great lengths to get fluid if they have to. They will drink from a toilet or their own pee if need be). So, the nurse takes the top off the jug and puts it to his lips......WHAT? I was freaking out......I could't believe what she was doing. Apparently the joke was on me. Franco had filled a CLEAN jug with apple juice and wanted to play a trick on me to make me think he was going to drink pee. They said he waited an hour for me to get back so he could play his joke on me. HAHAHHAHAHA....THAT'S my Franco. I'm sure I had a priceless look on my face.

I can't believe I'm still up.....the adrenaline from a good day won't wear off. Must....go....to....bed. Talk to y'all soon.

Franco: You are so funny. I love you so much.

Gio: You are the happiest baby I know. I miss you.

Mario: You are my rock and my soul. Couldn't do any of this without you by my side.

My boys: you all are the world to me. I'm so grateful I'm your wife and Mommy.

Love,
m2g2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.