That was a text I got from my dear friend today as she learned that the MRI didn't happen. I have to get some things off my chest....so if you don't want to hear me gripe, skip all this and I will get positive by the next paragraph. Mario took today off so he could watch Gio and take him to his Dr's appt while I went with Franco. So...they tell us the MRI is at 2 but to be there at 1:30...so we are. Upon check in, the front desk lady and I get confrontational with each other.....not a good way to start the appointment. She wanted to make sure I knew that I had a 6k balance because Aetna decided his last test (PET scan) was experimental and wouldn't cover a cent of it. Yes, I was aware and I had the Houston Dr. send me a letter explaining the need for it and faxed it to Aetna on Thursday. Finally, we work through it and his nurse comes out to chat with me about some concerns. Long story short.....His MRI wasn't even scheduled until 3! OM. These people really know how to push my buttons. I can't believe that it is routine for them to schedule that way with kids. Don't they know kids have anxiety. Ugh....my nerves are FRIED! It really bothers me that we have to SIT there and WAIT an hour and a half before the test even begins!!!! So for an hour and a half you can imagine how sad it is to see your child crying and the look on his face is shear terror because he was so nervous. Anywho, they FINALLY have a room available and we start. By this time I think ok- he has worn himself out and will surely fall asleep with the med. She gave him .05!!!! of versed and sure enough he did fall asleep..............................................for 5 minutes. Just long enough for us to transfer him from bed to MRI machine and put ear plugs in, cushions around his head, yada yada. Then he woke up........so she gave him a little more......droggy but fighting it to stay awake....now he was just scared because he was in a new place and a monkey on a vine was hanging over him with a weird face! I'm sure that was weird looking since he was "drunk". Finally after an hour of trying to rub his head, hold his hand, sing, bribe, dance, pray, I told her that it wasn't going to work......he wasn't going to sleep. Oh not to mention one of the meds caused him to itch really bad. So he couldn't keep his hands off his itchy nose! So....then we had to do the recovery thing. Poor Franco was so worried he didn't do good. I just told him...yes, you did good and we got the pics. Anything to stop him from crying. So, long story short, yes, God is smart and for whatever reason all that happened and then it didn't.....only He knows. I just go with the flow.
On a good note. Franco's nurse Becky started praying out loud when he was screaming at her while she had to access his port. She said she knew it was ok because she heard us talking about praying. She said to Franco, "Did you know, I'm a miracle?" Hmmm.....that got his attention and mine. She preceded to tell us how a year and a half ago she was at Schlitterbahn with her 4 and 5 yr old kids and was in the wading pool and had a seizure and drowned. They transported her to the hospital where she went into a coma and the Dr's told her family she was brain dead and her organs were failing. They asked the family to make a decision. 5 days after she arrived the Dr's came in and said...."We're sorry, but everything is working now.....she is going to have a complete recovery." I said, WHAT? WHo prayed over you? She said her whole church did. Come to find out she goes to a church that I visited a few years back when I was looking for a daycare for Franco. It is very close to my work and was a nice place. What an awesome story. I had to share it with you. Another one is at Gio's baptism last Sunday I asked the priest to pray over Gianfranco. Come to find out, he had a brain tumor in '93 and said that if God saved him he promised to do God's work.....and the rest is history. God is great! Amen. I love to hear stories of people being stronger in their faith because of unfortunate circumstances. That is God's way of getting our attention......not often we do it by ourselves.
Ok- so I feel better now. We will wait for a call from his oncologist to have a new date for another MRI at Dell.
Mar- thank you for all you do. I couldn't do it without you by my side. Franco- you are still brave and great.....we will try again and get it next time. You amaze me my love. Gio- oh Gio- keep smiling baby, you melt our hearts and have us all wrapped around your little finger.
Happy weekend to all. Make the most of today; this moment. Why worry about yesterday or tomorrow when we can't change it. Enjoy the present!
Love to all,
m2g2
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.